Visitors to the South can now literally walk the sacred ground of the Civil Rights movement with new U.S. Civil Rights Trail website launched on Dr. Martin Luther King’s birthday. Tourists will have the opportunity to tour areas pertinent to the Civil Rights Movement from the schools in Topeka, Kansas that were part of the […]
That was the text I got from my sister one random afternoon about a week ago, and it made me stop and think: Did I know what made a story Southern? Was it just writing fiction with characters that talked in a particular way, or were there experiences that were so unique that a person’s location could […]
Becoming Ordained It’s been at least 10 years since my family had a big wedding to plan. My youngest sister’s wedding in November 2008 was the last one I can remember. When my oldest niece announced her engagement in 2016 planning for a Spring 2018 wedding began almost immediately.
Just bake this one pan, and you’re set for the week. The whole process takes about 24 hours, but it’s easy and makes your kitchen smell like bread heaven.
- Southerner Tells May 18, 2018
- My niece’s Southern rustic wedding in South Carolina May 12, 2018
- Focaccia Bread For Days April 11, 2018
- Inspiring Violins of Hope events come to Birmingham, Alabama to spread messages of hope April 9, 2018
- Alabama offers Spring walking tours in cities and towns across the state April 4, 2018